You will find Files in the Intranet section. Upon entering Files you'll be given an an overview of all your files and folders.
You will then have following options:
- New folder: Here you can create a folder and assign it to a group that you are a member of. In the group you can see all files and folders associated with the group
- Upload files: Upload files to the archive without placing them in a specific folder
- Sort the files: You can sort the files files based on type, uploaded by, group, size and when the file was last modified
- Search: You can search for a file in the archive by using the search field on the top right, after hitting enter you can widen / narrow your search by selecting to search across all files or only search in current folder
Below we have made a short video about the key functions of Files
Upload files to a folder
Start by selecting the desired folder in the overview. Once in the folder you can upload files directly to the folder.
You upload a new file by clicking "Upload files" . Now following this you've got two options. You can add a file by dragging and dropping it into the dialogue box or select the files on the computer via the same dialogue box.
Once you have selected the file you will need to choose which group it belongs to and an the appropriate visibility status. You can choose to allow the file to published on your website if shared or that it should only available in the group. Note that you can upload multiple files at the same time.
Move a file to a folder
Select the file you want to move in the overview and select the button "Move" as depicted below
You will then be able to select the desired folder in the dialogue box.
Edit a file
You can edit a file by clicking the pencil icon displaced on each file. You can edit the file's title, visibility (that the file can be published on the homepage or only internally) and add tags. The edit icon can be found at the righthand side of the page.
Share a file via a link
You can share a file with people who are not users of ChurchDesk
- Opening the file from the overview list
- Click the link icon to share it in the top right corner.
Please note, that the file must have visibility set to "Publish on website" before you're able to share it externally.
Delete a file
You can delete a file by going to the specific file in the overview and clicking the red "Delete" button at the top of the overview.
Download a file
Choose the file you wish to download in the file overview and select the button "Download"
ChurchDesk support following file types
- Media files (video and sound): avi, m4a, mp3, mp4, mpg, wav, wma, wmv
- Documents: csv, doc, docx, numbers, odt, odf, pages, pdf, pps, ppsx, ppt, pptx, pub, txt, xls, xlsx
- Images: gif, jpeg, jpg, png, psd, tif
- Compressed files: rar, zip
- Other: 3g2, 3gp, afm, cap, eps, idml, indd, key, ogg, ogv