You can subscribe to the ChurchDesk calendar or a selection of events from your private calendar. Then you always have your private events and church events in the same calendar. A subscription is a one-way synchronisation, which continuously gets the latest events from ChurchDesk.
Subscribe to your ChurchDesk Calendar in your personal calendar system
- Go to the Calendar
- Click the icon on the upper right (see screenshot below)
- Select "Subscribe to calendar"
- Copy the link and insert in your own calendar where you set up calendar subscriptions. Then your calendar will be updated with information from ChurchDesk every time you open it
Use the filter to import events from categories, resources or users into your personal calendar
- Go to the Calendar
- Open the filter on the right hand side
- Hover the mouse over the category, resource, absence or user which you wish to subscribe to and click the icon furthest right (see below)
- Copy the link and insert it to your own calendar. Now you have the selected and always updated calendar content available right in your own calendar
- ChurchDesk can only deliver calendar subscriptions in a standard format, which can be read by established calendar systems such as Outlook and Google Calendar). We can't offer support on how to implement the calendar feed into various systems.
- The calendar feed is updated immediately when there is a change. However it is the single calendar system that determines how frequently it updates your calendar with the latest information from our feed.
- To ensure the fastest possible calendar feed it only includes calendar events up to 6 months ahead and 2 months of history.
Set up Calendar subscription on iPhone and iPad
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap Accounts & Passwords.
3. Under the Accounts section, tap Add Account.
4. Tap Other.
5. Under Calendars, tap Add Subscribed Calendar.
6. Paste in your calendar link in the Server field; to paste in a copied link, tap and hold the field and select Paste.
7. Tap Next.
8. Use the Description field to give the calendar an easily recognizable name.
9. (Skip this step) You do not have to enter a server username and password.
10. Tap Save.
You’re now subscribing to your ChurchDesk Calendar.
Use the ChurchDesk Calendar Mobile App
ChurchDesk is also made for your mobile. Download our app for iPhone or Android to easily view the ChurchDesk Calendar on your phone and create events that everyone in your church can see.