Create a new event in the Calendar
We have created two very short videos on how to create both a single and repeated event the Calendar
In the Calendar you choose the given day of the event.
You can choose to create an event with only very limited information, as shown above, but you can also add more information by choosing "Edit event".
You can now add detailed information to the event over three different tabs depending on the information you wish to add:
- Add the basics: Enter the general information about the event.
- Public information: Information which you wish to share on your website and in your communication such as newsletters.
- Plan the event: Add a rota and assign them directly to users or leave them unassigned for the group leader to assign. You can read more about Planning here.
Add the basics
Provide the general details such as Title, Date, Start- and end-time as well as Location and Contributor. You can decide to make the event an All Day event or if it should be repeated. If you want to hide the end time of the event on your homepage simply select Hide end time.
Categories and bookings
- Main category: Choose the main category that is appropriate for the event. E.g. Baptism. It is the main category which determines the color of the event in your calendar. You can also sort events by category on your homepage.
- Add more categories: You can choose to assign more categories to the event.
- Resources: Choose the resources necessary for the event such as rooms and equipment. These will be booked in your calendar. Other users can see that the resources have been booked.
- Users: Book one or more users. They will receive an invite. The user determines themselves how to receive that invite between our mobile app, e-mail or SMS.
Here you can write an internal note which can only be read by your ChurchDesk users. You also have the option to enter sensitive information in a separate field. It is only users with the permission "Can access sensitive information" who will be able to read the information provided.
Choose who should be able to view information about the event. By default visibility is set to "Groups". You can choose among following options:
- Public: The event can be shared on your website and in your messages from the People solution. If you choose this setting you can specify which groups in the church should be able to read the internal note for the event.
- All users: The event be seen by all users you have created in ChurchDesk. Sensitive information can only be viewed by the users with permission for it.
- Groups: You can choose which groups should be able to view event details.
- Private: Only you can view this event, but you can change visibility later.
- Image: Get people's attention by choosing a great image that tells a story about the upcoming event .
- Description: Tell people why they should go to the event.
- Price: If there is an entrance fee, you can specify if it here.
- URL: Here you can create a custom text to the URL of the event. It will take following form www.yourchurhchdomain.com/[thetext] - use with care.
Copy, edit and delete and event
All events can easily be edited, copied and deleted after creation.
Click the event and choose the pencil icon to open the event for easy editing of information and settings for the event.
Copy or send notifications
When you have opened the event by clicking the pencil icon you have two additional options.
- Update event ...and send notifications
- Update event ...and make a copy
Find them by hovering your cursor of the green button "Update event". You can now either copy the event or send notifications to users who have been booked to the event.
Important note: When you copy an event only event information is copied over. Settings for the event which is controlled by a users permissions are not copied over.
Delete an event
Note: All users can delete events, which they themselves have created. If you need to delete an event which has been create by another user, you must be administrator of the group or have the permission "Can edit all events". This ensures that nobody by mistake deletes an important event from the Calendar.
Go to the event and click on it. You now have the option to choose the trash bin icon for deleting the event.
You will now get a warning - ensuring that you don't accidentally delete events. If you are deleting a recurring event you now get the options to delete for:
- Only this instance
- All following instances
- All instances