Create, edit and add content to a page
How to create a new page
- Change to the website in the App-switch menu in the upper left corner.
- Click on "+ Create content" in the top right corner and choose "page".
- Create a title, write your content and maybe add content to upper/bottom block (calendar-views, blog-views, text-views, newsletter sign-ups etc.).
- Choose where on the website you want to show this page by ticking off "Provide a menu link." Here you can add a description and in "Parent item" you choose where the page should be located.
- Click on "Save".
How to edit an existing page
- Navigate to the page you want to edit.
- Click on "Edit" on the right.
- Make your changes and hit "Save".
How to restore a previous version of a page
- Navigate to the page you want to restore.
- Click on "Revisions".
- Click on the date and time you want to restore to.
- Click on "Revert" to use this version.
Embed a PDF- or Word-file on your website
How to embed a file on your website (only for users with the role "homepage").
In order to be able to embed a file (eg. a PDF-file or a Wordfile) it has to be uploaded to the file manager.
- Go to the page you want to embed the file on and click on "edit".
- Highlight a part of the text or write something that will function as a link, eg. "Summary of internal meeting".
- Click on the link-icon and write the name of the file in "search for content". Choose the file from the drop-down options.
- Decide whether the file should open as a new tab or as the same tab.
- Click on "insert link".
- Finish by clicking on "save".
How to add a picture to a page
Remember that all images and other files used on your website must be uploaded to your ChurchDesk File manager first. Here you can find a guide for the File manager.
- Go to the page where you want to insert the picture and click 'edit'.
- Put the curser where you want to insert the picture and click on the picture-icon.
- Click on 'Browse' to get access to the File manager.
- Find the picture you want to add and click 'Select'.
- You can adjust the picture size and when you are finished click 'Ok'.
- To edit the picture right-click on the picture and chose 'Image properties'.