All blog posts that are set to allow publication on your website are automatically available in your People application as ChurchDesk is an integrated system. With a few clicks, this allows you to add your blog posts to your newsletters.
The first you thing you'll see upon entering Blogs is the blog overview. From here you can see all your blog posts, sort them and create a "New blog" and thereby creating a new post. For blog post there is further a set of "Actions" available.
You can filter blog posts by category, title, publication, author and status
New Blog: Create a blog post
Select the green button "New blog", which you can see in the upper right corner of the blog overview. You have three options when saving the blog post. Simply "save blog", "Save blog and create a copy" or "save and create additional blog post". See the options by hovering the mouse over the button "Save blog".
- Title: Write a title that inspires to read more
- Category: Assign a blog category to the post
- Body: Here you write the main text for the blog post
- Add a summary: Here you can write a summary for the blog post which will appear on your website or newsletters.
- Visibility: A blog post can be set to be available only to a group or it can be made available for publishing on your homepage. When the post is set to publish on Website it will also be made available to the group. Finally you can save it as a draft.
- Group: Choose which group the blog post must be made available to
- Schedule: You can decide when to publish and unpublish a blog post. If you select this option the blog post will automatically be published/unpublished on the dates and times you specify.
- Image: Choose an image from the file archive or upload an image directly from your computer
- Comments: There are three options for comments
1) Open: people can post comments
2) Closed: People cannot post comments
3) Hidden: People cannot place new comments, only old comments are visible
- URL: You can customize the link to the blog post. If the field is empty (recommended). ChurchDesk automatically create an URL
Actions: Edit, view version history or delete blog post
When selecting the option "Action" on the far right for the appropriate blog post, you will have the following options:
- Edit: Here you can change all content and settings for the blog post
- View on Website: Takes you straight to your blog port online, if you've chosen to publish the blog post on the website.
- Version history: Click to see when the blog post was edited last and reverse those changes by reverting this post to a previous version.
- Delete: You can also delete the post
See the blog post in the group and add comments
Click on the blog post itself to view it. You can now read the post and add comments
You can change and add blog categories in Taxonomies. Read more on how to do that here