Cancel events and informing your contacts
In this guide you can read how to handle cancelled events and how to inform people who have signed up for the event. There are three steps in this guide:
- Make it visible on the website that the event is cancelled
- Deactivate the signup form
- Send a message to people who have signed up for the event
1. Make it visible on the website that the event is cancelled
Go to the calendar and find the event that has been cancelled. Edit the event and in the title write "Cancelled" or something similar, so it becomes visible for people visiting your website, that a planned event has been cancelled.
2. Deactivate the signup form
To make sure that no more people sign up at an event that is cancelled, then the forms needs to be deactivated. Go to the module FORMS and find the signup form. Click on the "Action" button on the right hand side and choose "Close." Now the form is closed and cannot get more sign ups.
3. Send a message to people who have signed up for the event
This is how you can write a message to everyone who has signed up via a specific form:
- go to FORMS
- click on "Actions" and choose "View responses"
- click on the blue button "Create list"
- click on the green "Save list" button and give the list a title
- now you can click on the blue "Message" button above and write a message to the people who has signed up via this form