Add your private calendar to ChurchDesk
You can add your private calendar to the ChurchDesk calendar, so you can check both calendars at once, when booking in the ChurchDesk calendar.
Your own calendar will only be visible to you, no one else i the church will be able to see it. You have the option to mark your private calendar events as busy in the ChurchDesk calendar, so if someone tries to book or assign you to an event or rota duty it shows that you are busy.
It can take up to 20 minutes for an update in your private calendar to be visible in ChurchDesk.
First you have to find your iCal link in your private calendar. We have listed some guides om how to find the iCal link in the most popular calendars at the end of this guide.
When you have found your iCal link, go to the Calendar in ChurchDesk and click on the + next to "My calendars." Here you add your link and the the events will be loaded into ChurchDesk.
NB! We do not support iCal links that demand a password.
- Outlook iCal feeds shows events 3 months back and 6 months into the future
- Apple calendar shows the events 1 year back and 1 year into the future
- Google calendar shows the events 1 year back and 1 year into the future
Here you can see how to find your iCal link from your Google Calendar. Follow the guide "Get you calendar (view only)": https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37648?hl=en#zippy=%2Cget-your-calendar-view-only
Here you can see, how to find your iCal link in your Outlook calendar.
- First login to your calendar via https://outlook.com
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right corner
- Click on "View all Outlook settings" in the bottom right corner
- click on "Calendar" and the on "Shared calendars
- copy the ICS link