You can create an unlimited number of groups in ChurchDesk . Each group has its own calander, blog, file archive, message sending and user list . Group members will be notified via email when something new is happening in the group.
You can see what groups you are attributed too under " My Groups " in the tool bar . From here you can also create a new group .
1. To create a group
- Click the "+" icon next to " my groups " in the tool bar on the left
- Give the group a name and press "add"
2. To edit a group
- Click on "Groups" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the page and select the group you want to edit.
- The right side of the screen you can now choose to edit the group settings by pressing " edit group ". Here you can change the group name, add a description and add a picture to the group.
3. To add members to a group (only for group administrator)
- Go to a group that you administer.
- Click on the "Members " icon and click on "add member".
- Choose who you want to assign to the group (the person must be a registered user)
- Click on "add to group"
4. To manage the group members (for group administrator)
- Go to a group that you administer
- Click on the " Members " icon and click on "actions" next to the user you want to manage.
- You can now choose whether you want to enable the user as a "member" or an "admin and you can also remove the user from the group
5. To add yourself into a group
- Click on "Groups" in the toolbar on the left hand side of the page and select the group you would like to be a member of.
- Then click the blue button under "Activity" - "Subscribe group "
- You are now a member of the new group
6. To remove yourself from a group
- Go to the group and tab "Activity" and click subsequently on the top right corner and then click "leave group "
- You are now signed out of the group.
7. To delete a group (only for group administrator)
- Go to the group you want to delete
- Click on the "Activity" and then click on the top right corner and select "Delete Group"
- You will now be asked if you are sure you want to delete the group . Click "delete" and the group will be deleted
Note : There must be a minimum of one group in ChurchDesk . You can not delete the last group before you create a new one.
8. To make a group private (only for group administrator)
- Go to the group you want to make private
- On the right site of your screen you can change the "group settings" by clicking on the cogwheel and then choosing "Edit group". At the bottom of the page you can mark the group as private
- Now only the group members can see the group in the group overview