A webinar is an online course. This requires a computer that has access to the internet and that can play sound either through speakers or headphones.
Before the course you will receive an email with a link for the programme "GoToWebinar", which is used for the course. In order to get acces to the webinar you have to follow the following points:
Participate in the webinar
- Open the email and click the link
- If you have not participated in a webinar before you will be asked to download the program "GoToWebinar". Double-click on the downloaded file on your computer
- Click "open" if your computer asks your if your are certain that you want to run the program
- Fill in your name and email and click "registre" at the bottom of the page
- Click the link that leads to the webinar
If you don't have headphones or speakers in your computer, you can use a telephone
- Call the UK number on the screen (the number on the picture below is just an example).
- Enter 'Access Code' and and end with #
- Enter 'Audio PIN' and end with #
- Now you have sound through your telephone
You can ask questions
If you have questions, you can send them to the presenter by writing in the 'Question' box.
How to use the tool
When you have joined the webinar your screen will look like the picture below: The box on the left side (will have the webinar name instead of "Test") is the screen where the presenter will do his presentation. The box on the right side is your webinar panel, where you can write questions, reach up your hand, to indicate you have a comment or question. You can also see if you can speak or you have been muted. If there are many people on the line, we mute everyone except the presenter to avoid noise. When someone indicates they have a question or comment, we un-mute the person.
Reach up your hand to show the presenter that you have a question or comment.