At this point you have probably already played around with ChurchDesk Forms. Maybe you have even linked to the form somewhere on your website or within a People Message. But did you know that you can actually place a link in the main menu directly to you form?
This guide will tell you how!
Note: You will need to copy the form URL to carry out this step of the guide. Therefore please ensure that you have already created a form before proceeding. Learn how to create a form.
1. Insert your form as a link
- Navigate to the page you want to insert the link
- Click on 'Edit' and either past the link directly into the text or click on the link button
- In the filed 'Search for content' your write the name of the form and the click on the relevant form, or you can paste the link directly into 'Link URL'
- Under 'Target' you can chose if this form should open in a new tab
- End the session by clicking 'Insert link'
- Save the page in the bottom
2. Insert form as a menulink
- Copy the link to the form and go to HOMEPAGE
- Click on the gear icon and chose 'Top Menu'
- Click on 'Create' and chose 'Link'
- Write a title for the menulink
- Insert the link to the form into the filed 'Path'
- In the field 'Parent link' you can chose where on the homepage the form should be a menulink
- End the session by clicking 'Save'
3. Insert a form directly on a page (as an iFrame)
Get iFrame Code
- Go to ChurchDesk and access Forms.
- Open the relevant form.
- Copy the URL to your form, fx. https://forms.churchdesk.com/f/BJbAkoviZ
- Find an iFrame generator. We recommend the free tool found here: http://www.iframe-generator.com/.
- Name your iFrame (optional)
- Paste in your form URL, copied earlier (step 1).
- Add /embed to the URL. This will simply clean up the form. (Removes the form header, including your church logo, e-mail and website links, as well as the ChurchDesk logo in the form footer.)
- Click the Generate button.
- Click the Preview button to ensure everything looks okay.
- Apply adjustments, ex. increase the width/height or add a scroll bar, which will allow people to scroll inside the iFrame. When done with adjustments click Generate.
- Copy the iFrame Code
Now that you have created your form as an iFrame, we head over to the Homepage to create a page that can be placed as a link in the menu.
Create a page and paste iFrame Code
- Go to ChurchDesk and access Homepage.
- Click on the create button (the green + in the top left corner) and click on Page.
- Give your page a title, ex. Contact us.
- Paste in your iFrame code created earlier.
- Click the "Provide a menu link" checkbox to allow the page to be shown in the menu.
- Give your link a title, ex. Contact us.
- Choosing "Main Menu" in the "Parent item" field will allow the form to be accessible from every page. Meaning visitors always knows how to contact you.
- Now click on "Save".
Now you should have a direct link to your contact form in you main menu.